Saturday, February 12, 2011

What are You up to?


       In the incredible walk of life, we face the ever daunting question; God what are you up to?
       This is the question that grabs my attention when facing each new morning.  It’s like ground hog day all over again and I’m perfecting the Ice sculpture that I’ve been practicing on for 36 years. 
        Funny, when I think of sculpting there is a frustrating element to the patience of an artist forming its subject.  Immediately I want the end result to show forth and give validity to the creation.
        The interesting part of this sculpting that I’ve been trying to form is this, I’ve never had control of the chisel.  What I thought was my idea and my mind was really all the thoughts and Idea’s of the graceful and infinite hand of Hashem (the name Adonai, The LORD).
        As the page turns on life and each new day reveals His revelation, I’m finding myself stripping away from the old layer of skin that I’m encamped in and discovering the wide vast ocean of the unknown and the known.
        Finding joy in the midst of this ocean is apart of the living and breathing God who encompasses each of those things I naturally do not.  His fruits belong to him and I’m just a vessel that He makes himself manifest.  
         So God, what are you up to?  Give me the courage to follow it and rest in your infinite grace and mercy as it is being lived out.

0 comments:

About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Contributors